Double Deep Fork Extensions are hydraulic fork extensions often used on Reach Trucks which allow the operator to operate in racking that has been designed for double deep stacking. This means that two pallet racks are placed behind each other without an aisle between them allowing smaller warehouses to have greater pallet density. Hydraulic fork extensions are also refereed to as Kooi Forks within the industry.
We offer a familiarisation course for the Double Deep Fork Extensions attachment covering the basics of safe operation, and accepted safe practice of the Double Deep Fork Extensions.
Course Duration: 0.5 day (usually 09:00 to 13:00).
Maximum operators: 3.
Delivery Method: Classroom & Practical training & Assessment.
Location: Customer premises.
Pre requisites: evidence of previous certification.
Assessment: multiple choice & written paper, practical skills test.
Certification: Successful operators will receive a certificate of training.
- Introduction to the attachment that is to be used on the course.
- Pre-use inspection of the equipment to ensure that it is safe to use.
- An introduction to the controls and instruments of the attachment, including safe use of hydraulic controls.
- Safe Working Load assessment, including the capacity plate and maximum lift height.
- Safe manoeuvring and positioning of the attachment.
- Written test of operator knowledge.
- Practical test of basic operating skills.
This course includes full certification and training materials.