Familiarising Operators on different equipment/attachments.
This course is designed for certified operators who require familiarisation on new equipment within the same product group they are currently qualified to operate. This could be a forklift truck by a different manufacturer, or different types of attachment e.g. from forks to a clamp.
Course Duration: 0.5 to 1 day (usually 09:00 to 16:30).
Maximum operators: 3.
Delivery Method: Classroom & Practical training & Assessment.
Location: Customer premises.
Pre requisites: evidence of previous certification.
Assessment: practical skills assessment.
Certification: Successful operators will receive a certificate of training.
- To ensure operators are familiar with the new equipment.
Upon successful completion of this refresher training course, operators will be able to:
- Demonstrate an awareness of the differences between the new and old equipment.
- Have demonstrated sufficient skills to pass the practical skills assessment.
- Introduction to the lift truck that is to be used on the course.
- Pre-use inspection of the equipment to ensure that it is safe to use.
- An introduction to the controls and instruments of the lift truck, including safe use of hydraulic controls.
- Weight assessment, including the capacity plate, load centres and maximum lift height.
- Safe use and operation of attachment.
- Stacking and de-stacking both free standing and within an industrial racking system (where applicable).
- Practical assessment of basic operating skills.
This course includes full certification and training materials.