Experienced Operator Training
This course is designed for existing operators with some previous experience (possibly self taught) of using a forklift truck, but have not had the benefit of formal training in operating skills. They will be familiar with the general operating characteristics of the forklift truck.
Course Duration: 2 to 3 days (usually 09:00 to 16:30).
Maximum operators: 3.
Delivery Method: Classroom & Practical training & Assessment.
Location: Customer premises.
Pre requisites: practical skills assessment.
Assessment: multiple choice & written paper, practical skills test.
Certification: Successful operators will receive a certificate of training. Plastic Training Cards are available upon request for an additional cost.
- To ensure operators maintain good driving habbits (inline with best practice), learn new skills and assess their abilities, including formal certification.
Upon successful completion of this experienced training course, operators will be able to:
- Operate the truck model used within this course to the required standard of competency.
- Have demonstrated sufficient skills to pass the basic operating skills test.
- Have an understanding of current, relavent leglisation in relation to forklift operation.
- Introduction to the lift truck that is to be used on the course.
- Pre-use inspection of the equipment to ensure that it is safe to use.
- An introduction to the controls and instruments of the lift truck, including safe use of hydraulic controls.
- Weight assessment, including the capacity plate, load centres and maximum lift height.
- Starting, moving and stopping the lift truck, including emergency stop.
- How to approach and pick up a variety of laden and un-laden pallets.
- Stacking and de-stacking both free standing and within an industrial racking system (where applicable).
- Written test of operator knowledge.
- Practical test of basic operating skills.
This course includes full certification and training materials.