This course is designed to cater for experienced operators who wish to refresh and their driving skills in accordance with safe operating practice. The HSE recommends this course be completed every 3 to 5 years (as specified in HSG6).
This course may also be suitable for operators who have not used forklift trucks for some time, are occasional users of forklift trucks, appear to have developed unsafe operating practices and those who have had an accident or near miss.
Course Duration: 0.5 to 1 day (usually 09:00 to 16:30).
Maximum operators: 3.
Delivery Method: Classroom & Practical training & Assessment.
Location: Customer premises.
Pre requisites: evidence of previous certification.
Assessment: multiple choice & written paper, practical skills test.
Certification: Successful operators will receive a certificate of training. Plastic Training Cards are available upon request for an additional cost.
- To ensure operators maintain good driving habbits, learn new skills (where appropiate) and reassess their abilities.
Upon successful completion of this refresher training course, operators will be able to:
- Operate the truck model used within this course to the required standard of competency.
- Have demonstrated sufficient skills to pass the basic operating skills test.
- Have a better understanding of current, relavent leglisation in relation to forklift operation.
- Introduction to the lift truck that is to be used on the course.
- Pre-use inspection of the equipment to ensure that it is safe to use.
- An introduction to the controls and instruments of the lift truck, including safe use of hydraulic controls.
- Weight assessment, including the capacity plate, load centres and maximum lift height.
- Starting, moving and stopping the lift truck, including emergency stop.
- How to approach and pick up a variety of laden and un-laden pallets.
- Stacking and de-stacking both free standing and within an industrial racking system (where applicable).
- Written test of operator knowledge.
- Practical test of basic operating skills.
This course includes full certification and training materials.