The Carpet Boom is a long pole attachment which can be used instead of forks, allowing for goods on cardboard tubes to be lifted and positioned safely, these are often used in the carpet industry. Forklift trucks that have this attachment fitted are often referred to as Pole Trucks.
We offer a familiarisation course for the Carpet Boom attachment covering the basics of safe operation, and accepted safe practice of the Carpet Boom.
Course Duration: 0.5 day (usually 09:00 to 13:00).
Maximum operators: 3.
Delivery Method: Classroom & Practical training & Assessment.
Location: Customer premises.
Pre requisites: evidence of previous certification.
Assessment: multiple choice & written paper, practical skills test.
Certification: Successful operators will receive a certificate of training.
- Introduction to the attachment that is to be used on the course.
- Pre-use inspection of the equipment to ensure that it is safe to use.
- An introduction to the controls and instruments of the attachment, including safe use of hydraulic controls.
- Safe Working Load assessment, including the capacity plate and maximum lift height.
- Safe manoeuvring and positioning of the attachment.
- Written test of operator knowledge.
- Practical test of basic operating skills.
This course includes full certification and training materials.